To reduce the waiting time of applicants as well as the time they transact at the Consular Section, the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh is introducing an appointment system for passport renewal. Make sure you print your confirmation to present to the Embassy, with your passport, a copy of information page on the passport and accomplished application form.
HOW TO GET AN APPOINTMENT
To download the Application Form, right click the passport image below and chose "save as".
You should receive an email to confirm your appointment.
Please notify the Embassy's consular section if you cannot make it to your appointment, so that others could be accommodated during the same slot.
- Come to the Embassy at least 15 minutes before the appointment time.
- Proceed to the encoding area for encoding.
- After encoding, proceed to the cashier (window 6) for payment
Emergency Extension of Validity
Press Release No. 195 -2012
19 December 2012
Advisory Concerning the Extension of the Validity of Non-Machine Readable Passports
The Philippine Embassy in Riyadh announces that the regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organization require that all non-machine readable passports should be out of circulation before 24 November 2015.
Filipinos in the Kingdom are advised to secure an appointment for the renewal of their non-machine readable passports (the ones on the left and the middle) and secure an ePassport (the one on the right with the biometric symbol on the lower part of the cover) to avoid problems in the future.
However, non-machine readable passports that are valid for less than six (6) months or those that have already expired may be EXTENDED IN THE FOLLOWING INSTANCES (in accordance with DFA instructions):
- 1.Death in the family requiring the OFW and members of his/her dependent family to urgently travel to the Philippines;
- 2.Medical emergencies requiring the OFW and members of his/her dependent family to urgently travel to the Philippines or another country for medical treatment;
- 3.OFWs returning to their employers abroad with valid employment contracts processed by the POEA; and
- 4.Those going home on final exit visas.
In these instances, proof of urgency such as a copy of the death certificate, medical certificate, valid employment contracts processed by the POEA or the Philippine Overseas Labor Office of the Embassy or the Consulate, along with plane tickets with confirmed flight details shall be presented.
ONCE THE EXTENSION IS GRANTED, THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS SHALL THEN APPLY:
- 1.THE EXTENSION SHALL ONLY BE DONE ONCE AND SHALL NOT BE BEYOND 31 OCTOBER 2015;
- 2.The applicant shall also apply for an ePassport at the same time the application for the extension is filed with the Embassy or Consulate;
- 3.Payment of the consular fees for the extension of the passport and the application for the ePassport; and
- 4.The extended passport shall be submitted for cancellation on the date of the release of the ePassport.
Those who are going home on final exit visas shall no longer be required to apply for ePassports with the Embassy and the Consulate.
Applications for extension of the validity of passports of persons who will be travelling for visit or tourism purposes only shall not be give due course.
How to get to the Embassy